Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mock-ups

I totally hesitate to post these drawings here. Because they show you how crazy I am. Yeah, I doodled the gold hardware, subway tile, and a hanging plant on the Ikea layout printouts. These are the sacrifices I make for you, dear blahg readers.


SO- things to ignore. The weird huge dishwasher that is marked fridge. Ikea software is weird. That's what they think fridges look like. Maybe in Sweden. Also to ignore, the missing toe kick under the pantry to the left of the fridge. It will be in the finished kitchen, promise. That's a 24" wide pantry which is 6" smaller than what I originally had in the plans, but the Ikea dudes clued me in that the 24" is way better because it has the pull out drawers so it's really a lot more useable space than the 30" cabinet with shelves only.

You may also notice that we added a cabinet above the fridge and there will be a panel running down it to the right of the fridge boxing it in. Classy.  I also replaced the microwave cabinet with a 39" upper cabinet for all our glasses. I realized that it'd be hard for me to reach for glasses above the microwave if it was in that cabinet, plus Jeff has like 78 pint glasses so we need the space. We talked to the contractor yesterday and we're going to have the microwave in the pantry, just like John and Sherry. Nice and tucked away.


We added two pull-out cabinets next to the sink for the trash and recycling so we didn't need the two 15" cabinets next to the 24" cabinets on either side of the range, so we cut those and beefed up the range flankers to the 36" cabinets. They have two smaller drawers on top, and two large and deep pull out drawers underneath. Plenty of room for all of our baking dishes, pots and pans, cooking utensils, and spices. I was thinking of doing a pot rack, but I think I'm going to really like everything hidden and tucked into cabinets. 

I'd love one of the big classic Karlsson Calendar flip clocks to the right of the range hood, but they're expensive and sold out on Amazon. Boooo... Commence clock stalking!


And the buffet wall! These are the shallow (12" deep) cabinets with drawers on top and shelves on the bottom. We'll keep some serving dishes in here, and party supplies! These sconces, and I'm thinking an awesome world map like this one or this one would be cool in between them. 

Tomorrow's delivery day! Exciting!


1 comment:

Nikki Menda said...

Fun! Fun!!!! I hope everything got delivered :)